What We Do
Early childhood consultants are available to provide a variety of services. These include:
- Regular visits to the home or other location as determined by you and your Consultant to best suit the needs of your child and family.
- Individual programs for each child developed by the family and the Early Childhood Consultant.
- Supplying resource materials.
- Assisting in organizing parent support groups and centre based activities such as parent and tot groups, toddler programs and training workshops.
- Assisting families to access other community services.
- Consulting with a child's multidisciplinary team which may consist of medical personnel, psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, social workers, physiotherapists, dietiticians, nurses, community agencies, teachers and educators.
Possible goals the Early Childhood Consultant could work on with your child:
- Following directions
- Increasing attention span
- Improving social skills
- Managing anxiety and behavior issues
- Turn taking
- Making choices
- Addressing safety concerns
- Improving fine and gross motor skills
- Increasing adaptive skills
- Increasing communication skills
- Improving cognitive skills